Wednesday, 23 September 2015

1950s Dinner Party

No, it's not a typo. I've stepped out of the only RP that I (sort of) do - 1920s - and went back into the future. A dear friend, Ms Fern Barker, a.k.a. Rita, has recently organized a lovely 1950s-themed dinner party for a small group of friends. I thought dressing up would be a challenge, but I ended up wearing almost exactly the same outfit as for the 1920s. I only got rid of the beard and put on some hair. Sometimes men do have it easy.

Rita's place is in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and that day the heat was unbearable. It didn't help that she managed somehow to burn the whole dinner. Luckily, the pizza delivery guy was quite quick, so we weren't hungry for long. Soon enough we all ended up in the pool, which was very refreshing.

I wonder how this episode would have finished had we done the 1960s role play... But the only misdemeanor that happened here was Duncan and I taking off in Fern's car after everyone had left. She shouldn't have left her car keys in plain sight!

I only have a snapshot of myself manspreading by the pool. But have a look at some of the other guests in their '50s outfits: