Sunday, 1 February 2015

Fräulein Nørgaard at Eldorado

It was a dark and cold night in 1920s Berlin sim, but that didn't stop a whole lot of people from attending a party yesterday at one of the city's most popular venues - the Eldorado gay club.


When I go to "Eldo", I usually wear my normal 1920s clothes (i.e. some type of suit), but this time I wanted to do something different and a bit more fun - also more realistic historically for that place (Eldorado is based on a real-life club that operated until the Nazis shut it down in the early 1930s). So, for the first time since I've joined Second Life, I made a little experiment with cross-dressing. Given the nature of SL, I'm surprised I haven't tried that earlier, but I guess drag has never been my thing.


Shopping for a dress, shoes and make-up turned out to be a lot of fun and thankfully, I could find almost everything I needed in the stores found in the sim itself. Shaving off my beard and putting some lipstick on was super easy, but getting into the dress was more of a challenge and it included staying up late one night to make it all fit. Then there were the shoes... Unable to squeeze my big feet into them, I felt a bit like Cinderella's mean sisters.


My friend Duncan wore a cute sailor suit and, if I may say so, we looked good on the dance floor! We had a lovely time dancing to the 1920s music and chatting with friends, plus I got complimented for being the prettiest Fräulein at the party! Big toes and muscled arms notwithstanding.


I can't tell whether occasional cross-dressing will become a part of my 1920s character, but I have to say the whole thing was a hoot!

P.S. You can find more images from the event on my Tumblr.