Monday, 22 December 2014

Viriditas sim closing

One of the saddest things that happened in 2014 for me was the closure of the Viriditas sim. For those not familiar with it, over the past several years the sim served as a prime spot for contemplative spirituality in SL. Beautifully designed, it instilled a sense of inner peace and tranquility. In its final shape, it contained a church, a library, an art gallery and lovely woods, among other things.


I will remember it as one of the first sims I visited upon my arrival in SL. 9am SLT silent prayer meetings meant a lot to me at a time when RL was hectic, and it felt really nice to be able to share some quiet time with people inworld. Their presence was real. Ice skating with a dear friend on the frozen lake of Viriditas around Christmas 2013 was another treasured moment. I know that sims come and go, but the closing of a sim always leaves me sad, especially when it comes to one that made a real difference.


The good news is that Isa Oaklourne continues to run the Second Life Pilgrims groups, which remains one of the best inworld resources for faith-based events in SL.